Most Active Stories
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Joe Paolino moving to Newport, planning strong table games campaign for Newport Grand
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We're Trying To Keep Politics Focused On Issues. Will You Help?
- Rhody Votes '14: Dems for Governor Debate
- UPDATE: Hurricane Arthur Threatens 4th of July Celebrations
Fri February 1, 2013
Fox's Supreme love
House Speaker Gordon Fox is stepping down from the rostrum and taking on another role this weekend- Motown music historian. The house leader has a deep love for the R&B and soul music that came out of the Motor City back in the 1960’s.
When Gordon Fox was a kid, his home was filled with the sounds of Motown. He listened to his sister’s records by the Supremes and Temptations. And every Saturday his mom would dance to Motown while cleaning the house. Fox says as a bi-racial kid growing up, the blend of pop and soul spoke to him.
“Always been a huge Supremes fan. In fact I have somewhere the 'We Remember Sam Cooke' original LPs that didn’t get lost or destroyed over the years that my mom bought way back when and I still have it in my bookshelf in my office back home.”
Event info: Saturday 2/2/13 at 4:00pm - RISD library - admission $25
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org