Most Active Stories
- Jim Skeffington, PawSox President & Prominent Lawyer, Has Died
- Biologists Plan To Continue Tracking Beluga Whales In Narragansett Bay
- Scott MacKay Commentary: MacKay's RIC Commencement Speech
- Elorza Says Further Steps Needed to Stabilize Providence's Finances
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Next Move for PawSox Providence Stadium?
Mon February 17, 2014
Gas Prices Up In RI & MA
Drivers in Rhode Island and Massachusetts will find gas prices a bit higher this week – up by two cents in Rhode Island. Gas prices in both states are higher than the national average.
Even though prices at the pump took a bigger jump in Massachusetts, on average Rhode Island drivers are still paying more. The latest survey out of AAA Southern New England finds Ocean State drivers paying $3.48 for the average gallon of regular unleaded, while Massachusetts drivers are paying $3.44.
In Massachusetts drivers are paying eight cents more than they did last week, with a 52 -cent range in prices. The range in gas prices in Rhode Island is around 20 cents.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org