Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
- TGIF: 15 Things to Know About Rhode Island Media & Politics
- Taveras promotes Dormody, hires Hull
- Senator Miller Issues Apology for Swearing Following Gun News Conference
Tue May 21, 2013
Gay Republican Group to Visit Young Rhode Island Republicans
The leader of a prominent Republican gay rights group is coming to Rhode Island Tuesday.
Gregory Angelo, director of the Log Cabin Republicans, will speak to a meeting of the Rhody Young Republicans.
Angelo says he’ll praise Rhode Island Republicans for backing same sex marriage legislation.
"It’s not only unusual, it’s historic. What’s really amazing about what happened in Rhode Island is that the Republican Senate caucus in voting for marriage equality became the first caucus of any party – Democrat or Republican – to vote unanimously for marriage equality in a legislative vote. It’s great to see that members of the Republican party of Rhode Island understand the roots and the heritage that the Republican party has in equality."
Rhode Island recently became the 10th state in the nation to legalize same sex marriage.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org