Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- A.H. Belo Hires Arkansas Firm to Explore Sale of the Providence Journal
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics + Media
- This I Believe Rhode Island: Getting Up Early
- Prescription Drug Abuse On The Rise On College Campuses Across The Country
Fri July 13, 2012
Gemma says his campaign gained 242K in Q2, some of it from a loan
Democratic congressional candidate Anthony Gemma says his campaign account collected $242,000 during the quarter that ended June 30, from contributions and a personal loan of unspecified size.
“I am grateful to all who considered my candidacy and made the decision to support it financially,” said Mr. Gemma. “I shall continue to demonstrate, through deed and word, that their confidence in me was well placed.”
Gemma’s campaign didn’t immediately respond to a question about the size of the personal loan.
Democratic incumbent David Cicilline’s campaign says it raised more than $300,000 during the last quarter, making for a balance of more than $825,000.
Republican Brendan Doherty’s team says he collected about $200,000 in Q2, for a war chest of more than $660,000.