Most Active Stories
- Lorne Adrain Exits Providence Mayoral Campaign
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
Wed February 20, 2013
Good news on the jobs front
A new analysis of labor data shows Rhode Island had a much stronger 3rd quarter than initially reported.
The state Department of labor and Training says there were 4900 more jobs during July, August and September of last year than previously estimated.
The number of Rhode Island-based jobs stood at 464,000, up 4900 from the official September 2012 estimate. The new estimate is basesd on the analysis of tax data from 32,000 businesses. The earlier estimate was based on a survey of businesses.
The change in employment data does not change that Rhode Island and Nevada are tied for having the highest unemployment rates in the country.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com