Most Active Stories
- Bob Kerr: We Have Seen The Best And The Worst
- RI's Brown Bird Finds A Solemn Victory On Final Album
- Learning To Respect A Patient's Wishes At The End Of Life
- Raimondo: State Wants Better Deal on PawSox' Proposed Ballpark
- PawSox Seek Meeting with Raimondo; Team Signals Flexibility After Negative Reaction to Proposal
Wed February 20, 2013
Good news on the jobs front
A new analysis of labor data shows Rhode Island had a much stronger 3rd quarter than initially reported.
The state Department of labor and Training says there were 4900 more jobs during July, August and September of last year than previously estimated.
The number of Rhode Island-based jobs stood at 464,000, up 4900 from the official September 2012 estimate. The new estimate is basesd on the analysis of tax data from 32,000 businesses. The earlier estimate was based on a survey of businesses.
The change in employment data does not change that Rhode Island and Nevada are tied for having the highest unemployment rates in the country.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org