Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- A.H. Belo Hires Arkansas Firm to Explore Sale of the Providence Journal
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics + Media
- This I Believe Rhode Island: Getting Up Early
- Prescription Drug Abuse On The Rise On College Campuses Across The Country
Wed January 9, 2013
Governor announces nominations for Ed Board
(PROVIDENCE, RI) Governor Lincoln Chafee has announced his nominees for a new Board of Education, replacing the boards of higher education and K-12 public schools. The nine nominations include two teachers union officials, an emergency room physician and several attorneys.
Most are former members of the recently dissolved board of elementary and secondary schools and the board that oversaw higher education.
Just before Christmas, Chafee announced his selection of attorney Eva Marie Mancuso to chair the Board of Education.
The state currently has no board overseeing public schools and colleges, and all of the education board nominations are subject to senate approval.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org