Most Active Stories
- Lorne Adrain Exits Providence Mayoral Campaign
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
Arts & Culture
Fri January 25, 2013
Greenwich Odeum Theater reopening Saturday
The Greenwich Odeum Theater reopens tomorrow (Saturday) with an evening of performances at its historic location on Main Street in East Greenwich. After surviving many incarnations since it opened as a vaudeville house in 1926, the theater closed in 2007 due to stricter fire codes following the tragic 2003 Station nightclub fire in West Warwick. Five years and over 200,000 dollars in renovations later, the Greenwich Odeum will host performing arts events once again. Co-chair of the Odeum's board, Frank Prosnitz, says theater lovers old and new are ready for this next chapter.
Everybody's very excited that we are reopening in the sense of what we bring: a spark to the social, cultural, and educational climate to the community as well as a huge economic boost to East Greenwich and the surrounding area.
Audiences Saturday will get their first glimpse of the reborn theater, with its fresh lighting, sound, and upholstery.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us; we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com
Arts & Culture