Most Active Stories
- W&I Researchers Find Single Family Rooms Better For NICU Babies
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Seth Magaziner Staffing Up With Jeff Padwa & Andrew Roos
- Almost 15 Years After Cornel Young Jr.'s Death, How Much Has Changed in Rhode Island?
- 'Warning Shot': Sen. Warren On Fighting Banks, And Her Political Future
Sun February 9, 2014
Gun-Rights Supporters Out Spent in Exeter Recall
Campaign finance records show that gun-rights supporters were outspent during the recall of four Exeter town council members back in December.
Back in December there was a special election to recall four Exeter town council members for their support of a move to take gun permitting out of the hands of the town clerk and let the attorney general’s office do the permitting.
Once a petition collected enough signatures for the recall, town citizens formed Save Exeter. Finance reports show that Save Exeter raised $5,675. Some notable contributors include Senate President Teresa Paiva Weed and candidate for state treasurer Seth Magaziner. The group reports it spent all the money.
Meanwhile, finance reports show the gun-rights group “We the People” spent $3,967 in the last quarter.
Exeter residents voted in a margin of nearly 2-1 to keep all four town councilors.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com