Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: The War Is On Thanksgiving, Not Christmas
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Is The Mattiello-Paiva Weed Geezer Tax Cut Plan Realistic?
- Matt Jerzyk Joins Speaker Mattiello's Staff As Deputy Legal Counsel
- Phil West On Two Decades Of "Secrets & Scandals" In Rhode Island
Wed July 30, 2014
HealthSource RI Offers New Plans For Small Businesses
Many small businesses will be renewing health insurance coverage for their employees beginning in September. And HealthSource RI head Christine Ferguson says she hopes small business owners will consider plans on the state’s health insurance exchange. They’ll find some new options this time around, she says.
“We are in the finalization of the plan design. And we have plans that cost less than they cost last year," said Ferguson. "And we have a wider range of options. We have more carriers in the market for individuals as well as on the employer side.”
Ferguson says United Healthcare, Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island, and Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Rhode Island will offer small business plans this year. United Healthcare has decided to offer an option for individuals and families this year, as well.
Ferguson says the exchange continues operating thanks to an agreement with the federal government that it can continue to spend federal funds it already had. She says she hopes a newly elected governor will address the exchange’s future.