Most Active Stories
- CVS To Offer Overdose Antidote Narcan Without Prescription
- Providence Capital Grille Moving
- Raimondo creates Narragansett Brewing jobs in New York, Massachusetts not R.I.
- Scott MacKay Commentary: The Providence Mayoral Campaign 11th Hour Scramble
- Smiley Ends Mayoral Campaign and Puts Support Behind Elorza
Mon March 10, 2014
HealthSource RI Opens Temporary Walk-In Center In Warwick
Rhode Island’s health insurance exchange is opening a temporary walk in center in Warwick today. Open enrollment on HealthSource RI ends this month.
The push is on to get more Rhode Islanders to sign up for health insurance plans on HealthSource RI. So the idea behind the new temporary walk in center is to reach out to as many Rhode Islanders as possible before the deadline. Open enrollment for commercial health insurance plans like those offered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island ends March 31st. And the federal government has said it is sticking with that deadline.
Rhode Islanders can still enroll in Medicaid any time throughout the year, and small business customers can still sign up during their own open enrollment periods.
The temporary walk in center on Centerville road in Warwick will stay open through the end of April, in part to help new enrollees with any questions.
The next open enrollment period for HealthSource RI begins November 15th.
Affordable Care Act