Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We Remember: Patriot's Day 2014
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
- Beer, Wine Bills Backed By Farm Breweries And Wineries, But Not Liquor Industry
- Remembering Local Musician David Lamb Of Brown Bird
Tue January 15, 2013
Higher ed in RI will research policies to jump-start economy
(PROVIDENCE, RI) Ten Rhode Island colleges and universities are teaming up to help the state out of its economic doldrums.
Gov. Lincoln Chafee has announced the formation of the “Rhode Island Higher Education Research Collaborative.” Its mission: to provide nonpartisan data that will help state leaders develop sustainable economic policies.
In a statement University of Rhode Island president David Dooley said no single entity can solve our state’s economic problems. The collaborative, he said, will provide a statewide platform to assist policy makers with issues most critical to Rhode Islanders today.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org