Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Newport City Manager Cites Difficult City Council In Decision To Step Down
Tue August 21, 2012
Hinckley to mount $500,000 media buy in race against Sen. Whitehouse
Republican U.S. Senate candidate Barry Hinckley’s campaign says he has made an advertising buy of about $500,000 in broadcast, radio and cable television time.
Republican Hinckley, of Newport, says the advertising will begin Aug. 29 and run through Election Day, Nov. 6, in his campaign to unseat incumbent Democrat Sheldon Whitehouse.
“It has been an extremely hard fought campaign thus far and now we are starting to see the fruits of our labor,’’ said Patrick Sweeney, Hinckley’s campaign manager. “Not only are the polls closing in our favor, but we have the energy and grassroots support we need to make the final push in these last 77 days.’’
Tony Simon, Whitehouse ‘s campaign manager, said the campaign is not ready to announce its paid media strategy for the campaign.