Most Active Stories
- Jim Skeffington, PawSox President & Prominent Lawyer, Has Died
- Scott MacKay Commentary: MacKay's RIC Commencement Speech
- Biologists Plan To Continue Tracking Beluga Whales In Narragansett Bay
- Elorza Says Further Steps Needed to Stabilize Providence's Finances
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Next Move for PawSox Providence Stadium?
Tue August 21, 2012
Hinckley to mount $500,000 media buy in race against Sen. Whitehouse
Republican U.S. Senate candidate Barry Hinckley’s campaign says he has made an advertising buy of about $500,000 in broadcast, radio and cable television time.
Republican Hinckley, of Newport, says the advertising will begin Aug. 29 and run through Election Day, Nov. 6, in his campaign to unseat incumbent Democrat Sheldon Whitehouse.
“It has been an extremely hard fought campaign thus far and now we are starting to see the fruits of our labor,’’ said Patrick Sweeney, Hinckley’s campaign manager. “Not only are the polls closing in our favor, but we have the energy and grassroots support we need to make the final push in these last 77 days.’’
Tony Simon, Whitehouse ‘s campaign manager, said the campaign is not ready to announce its paid media strategy for the campaign.