Most Active Stories
- Experts To Brief Lawmakers On Hep C In RI; Cost Of Treatment Likely To Come Up During Budget Talks
- Former Speaker Gordon Fox Pleads Guilty to Bribery, Wire Fraud & Filing a False Tax Return
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Raimondo's Budget Challenges And Secrecy
- Fox Broke Statehouse Iron Rule
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
Tue May 14, 2013
Hollywood's Richard Jenkins Returning to Trinity Rep.
Hollywood actor Richard Jenkins and his wife will return to Trinity Rep next year to co-direct the musical Oliver.
Richard Jenkins is best known for his role in HBO’s Six Feet Under and the 2008 film “The Visitor.” But before he hit it big in Hollywood Jenkins and his wife Sharon were part of Trinity Rep – she was a choreographer and he was an actor and later the artistic director.
The couple will return next season to co-direct the musical “Oliver.” Trinity Rep’s artistic director Curt Columbus said audiences can expect to see a smart production.
“They’re two people that have been essential in crafting the aesthetic that drives this theater,” said Columbus. “And to have them back is quite possibly the greatest gift that I can imagine.”
The production of Oliver co-produced by the Jenkins will run in February and March of next year.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org