Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- A.H. Belo Hires Arkansas Firm to Explore Sale of the Providence Journal
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics + Media
- This I Believe Rhode Island: Getting Up Early
- Prescription Drug Abuse On The Rise On College Campuses Across The Country
Thu December 13, 2012
Hourahan leaving Chafee administration for Family Service of RI
Stephen Hourahan, a top adviser to Governor Lincoln Chafee, is leaving the administration for a job as chief advancement officer with Family Service of Rhode Island.
Via news release:
Hourahan left Family Service in 2009 to join the successful Chafee for Governor campaign. He also served as Communications Director for then-Senator Lincoln Chafee and in a variety of positions for the late Senator John Chafee.
“Stephen has been a trusted advisor and friend to the Chafee family for many years,” Governor Chafee said. “He was a valued member of my father’s U.S. Senate and campaign staffs, and for the past 14 years Stephen has played key roles for me during my time as U.S. Senator and Governor, as well as my campaigns for both of those offices. Although he has decided to return to Family Service of Rhode Island, an organization about which he is extremely passionate, Stephen will remain a trusted friend and advisor in an informal capacity. Stephanie joins me in wishing him success and happiness as he enters this new chapter.”
Hourahan received media attention as part of an underage drinking party involving the governor’s son, Caleb, earlier this year.