Most Active Stories
- W&I Researchers Find Single Family Rooms Better For NICU Babies
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Seth Magaziner Staffing Up With Jeff Padwa & Andrew Roos
- Almost 15 Years After Cornel Young Jr.'s Death, How Much Has Changed in Rhode Island?
- 'Warning Shot': Sen. Warren On Fighting Banks, And Her Political Future
Thu December 13, 2012
Hourahan leaving Chafee administration for Family Service of RI
Stephen Hourahan, a top adviser to Governor Lincoln Chafee, is leaving the administration for a job as chief advancement officer with Family Service of Rhode Island.
Via news release:
Hourahan left Family Service in 2009 to join the successful Chafee for Governor campaign. He also served as Communications Director for then-Senator Lincoln Chafee and in a variety of positions for the late Senator John Chafee.
“Stephen has been a trusted advisor and friend to the Chafee family for many years,” Governor Chafee said. “He was a valued member of my father’s U.S. Senate and campaign staffs, and for the past 14 years Stephen has played key roles for me during my time as U.S. Senator and Governor, as well as my campaigns for both of those offices. Although he has decided to return to Family Service of Rhode Island, an organization about which he is extremely passionate, Stephen will remain a trusted friend and advisor in an informal capacity. Stephanie joins me in wishing him success and happiness as he enters this new chapter.”
Hourahan received media attention as part of an underage drinking party involving the governor’s son, Caleb, earlier this year.