Most Active Stories
- Jim Skeffington, PawSox President & Prominent Lawyer, Has Died
- Biologists Plan To Continue Tracking Beluga Whales In Narragansett Bay
- Scott MacKay Commentary: MacKay's RIC Commencement Speech
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Next Move for PawSox Providence Stadium?
- Elorza Says Further Steps Needed to Stabilize Providence's Finances
Thu May 8, 2014
House Oversight Committee To Hear Testimony On 38 Studios Repayment
The head of a business-backed group is slated to offer his view this Thursday on the pros and cons of paying back investors in 38 Studios. The House Oversight Committee plans to take up that issue.
House Oversight is scheduled to hear from John Simmons, head of the business-backed Rhode Island Public Expenditure Council. The issue of paying back investors in 38 Studios has been hotly debated. Governor Lincoln Chafee and state Treasurer Gina Raimondo argue that not paying back bondholders would be harmful for the state. Yet some Republican lawmakers argue that the cost of not paying back bondholders has not been calculated. The state hired a firm to try to determine that cost. The results of that inquiry have not yet been released.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org