Most Active Stories
- Lorne Adrain Exits Providence Mayoral Campaign
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
Thu May 8, 2014
House Oversight Committee To Hear Testimony On 38 Studios Repayment
The head of a business-backed group is slated to offer his view this Thursday on the pros and cons of paying back investors in 38 Studios. The House Oversight Committee plans to take up that issue.
House Oversight is scheduled to hear from John Simmons, head of the business-backed Rhode Island Public Expenditure Council. The issue of paying back investors in 38 Studios has been hotly debated. Governor Lincoln Chafee and state Treasurer Gina Raimondo argue that not paying back bondholders would be harmful for the state. Yet some Republican lawmakers argue that the cost of not paying back bondholders has not been calculated. The state hired a firm to try to determine that cost. The results of that inquiry have not yet been released.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org