Most Active Stories
- Experts To Brief Lawmakers On Hep C In RI; Cost Of Treatment Likely To Come Up During Budget Talks
- Former Speaker Gordon Fox Pleads Guilty to Bribery, Wire Fraud & Filing a False Tax Return
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Raimondo's Budget Challenges And Secrecy
- Fox Broke Statehouse Iron Rule
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
Wed July 17, 2013
Hundreds Wait For Free Cake and A Chance to Meet Celebrity Chef
Despite a hot weather advisory people lined up outside in downtown Providence for free cake and and the chance to spot a celebrity chef.
Ten Thousand. That is the number of cakes that were handed out for free Wednesday near Kennedy Plaza in Providence. The bright yellow cakes were part of a collaboration between the store BJ’s and celebrity chef Buddy Valastro.
The giveaway was in celebration of the one year anniversary of the collaboration.
Valastro, a New Jersey pastry chef, became famous thanks to his reality show Cake Boss on TLC.
With a cake in hand Barbara Kansiewicz of North Providence stood in line with her daughter, about 20 yards from where Valastro was expected to meet with fans. “My daughter loves cake boss, and we heard that he was going to be here so we had to meet him," said Kansiewicz.
The earliest people saved their spot in line at 5 am.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com