Most Active Stories
- Jim Skeffington, PawSox President & Prominent Lawyer, Has Died
- Biologists Plan To Continue Tracking Beluga Whales In Narragansett Bay
- Scott MacKay Commentary: MacKay's RIC Commencement Speech
- Elorza Says Further Steps Needed to Stabilize Providence's Finances
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Next Move for PawSox Providence Stadium?
Wed July 17, 2013
Hundreds Wait For Free Cake and A Chance to Meet Celebrity Chef
Despite a hot weather advisory people lined up outside in downtown Providence for free cake and and the chance to spot a celebrity chef.
Ten Thousand. That is the number of cakes that were handed out for free Wednesday near Kennedy Plaza in Providence. The bright yellow cakes were part of a collaboration between the store BJ’s and celebrity chef Buddy Valastro.
The giveaway was in celebration of the one year anniversary of the collaboration.
Valastro, a New Jersey pastry chef, became famous thanks to his reality show Cake Boss on TLC.
With a cake in hand Barbara Kansiewicz of North Providence stood in line with her daughter, about 20 yards from where Valastro was expected to meet with fans. “My daughter loves cake boss, and we heard that he was going to be here so we had to meet him," said Kansiewicz.
The earliest people saved their spot in line at 5 am.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com