Most Active Stories
- Jim Skeffington, PawSox President & Prominent Lawyer, Has Died
- Biologists Plan To Continue Tracking Beluga Whales In Narragansett Bay
- Scott MacKay Commentary: MacKay's RIC Commencement Speech
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Next Move for PawSox Providence Stadium?
- Elorza Says Further Steps Needed to Stabilize Providence's Finances
Tue July 1, 2014
This I Believe Rhode Island: Being Sure
It seems almost trite and hackneyed to say that we human beings thrive on trust, on being able to connect with others in a way that feels truly safe. But as we make our way through life’s complicated journey – flourishing here and stumbling there – it really does seem that being able to trust the people who are central in our lives is essential. The 19th century Russian author Anton Chekhov put it so well: “You must trust and believe in people or life becomes impossible.” And that’s what we hear from Matthew Eriksen.
Matthew Eriksen is a Professor of Management, Faculty Director of the Leadership Fellows Program, and Coordinator of the Leadership Development major in the School of Continuing Education at Providence College. He also engages in life, leadership and team coaching.