Most Active Stories
- Experts To Brief Lawmakers On Hep C In RI; Cost Of Treatment Likely To Come Up During Budget Talks
- Former Speaker Gordon Fox Pleads Guilty to Bribery, Wire Fraud & Filing a False Tax Return
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Raimondo's Budget Challenges And Secrecy
- Fox Broke Statehouse Iron Rule
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
Tue May 28, 2013
This I Believe Rhode Island: Nature
As we race around in our lives, between hither and yon, and between our mundane daily tasks and life's occasional crises, how many of us notice, really notice nature's creatures and its other assorted bounty that cross our paths - the flowers, the birds, the insects, even the neighbor's pet? Cara Murray certainly notices, and she has her own very special way of showing it, as we hear in this encore essay.
When she recorded this essay, Cara Murray was a graduate of Brown University pursuing a Master of Arts in Marine Affairs at the University of Rhode Island. She is a former dancer and, as she reports, an emerging writer.