Most Active Stories
- Lorne Adrain Exits Providence Mayoral Campaign
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
Tue September 3, 2013
This I Believe Rhode Island: Silence
Listen to your radio, very closely. Did you hear a few moments of silence? No, we didn't have a power failure and your radio batteries aren't on empty. That was the sound of silence, perhaps the last thing you want coming out of your radio. But haven't all of us discovered there are moments in our lives when we need to tune out the noise, those times when we need to close our eyes and drink in nothing but . . . silence. With just a bit of irony, that's what Emma Dickson tells us about.
Emma Dickson is a Providence native, a Moses Brown School lifer, and a Brown University sophomore. Emma reports that she enjoys performing, cooking, playing tennis, and spending time with friends. This past summer, she interned at the Rhode Island State House and worked at a culinary goods store.