Most Active Stories
- W&I Researchers Find Single Family Rooms Better For NICU Babies
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Almost 15 Years After Cornel Young Jr.'s Death, How Much Has Changed in Rhode Island?
- The paranoid opposition to RhodeMap RI
- 'Warning Shot': Sen. Warren On Fighting Banks, And Her Political Future
Tue May 20, 2014
This I Believe Rhode Island: Stories
Every one of us has a story - make that lots of stories - that define who we are. There are those life-altering events during childhood, perhaps our first love or our first heartbreak, or the stories that come out of our adult lives that are so very complex. Some of us are eager to share our stories with anyone who will listen, but as Bill Harley reflects in this encore essay, others of us are much more quiet about the stories that shape our lives.
Bill Harley is a two-time Grammy award-winning artist who uses song and story to paint a vibrant picture of growing up, schooling, and family life. A longtime commentator for NPR's news program "All Things Considered" and recipient of the lifetime achievement award from the Rhode Island Council for the Humanities, Bill tours nationwide as an author, performing artist and keynote, speaker.