Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- A.H. Belo Hires Arkansas Firm to Explore Sale of the Providence Journal
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics + Media
- This I Believe Rhode Island: Getting Up Early
- Prescription Drug Abuse On The Rise On College Campuses Across The Country
Arts & Culture
Wed September 23, 2009
This I Believe: Supper
By Frederic Reamer
Providence, RI – For many of us, daily connection with family is at the center of our lives, the ballast that helps us navigate through life's complex and often unpredictable challenges. But it's not a clich to say that in modern times, we find it harder and harder to sustain these connections, what with our daunting job and social schedules, after-school calendars, electronic distractions. Mandy Twaddell reflects on her family's challenges . . . and . . . triumphs.
Twaddell and her husband still live in Providence in an old house with a smaller kitchen. They still look forward to breaking bread with family and friends, especially at one of the area's fine restaurants! Twaddell is a frequent book reviewer for the Providence Journal.