Most Active Stories
- Jim Skeffington, PawSox President & Prominent Lawyer, Has Died
- Biologists Plan To Continue Tracking Beluga Whales In Narragansett Bay
- Scott MacKay Commentary: MacKay's RIC Commencement Speech
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Next Move for PawSox Providence Stadium?
- Elorza Says Further Steps Needed to Stabilize Providence's Finances
Tue July 8, 2014
Kennedy Plaza Bus Stops Relocated For Summer
The Rhode Island Public Transit Authority is relocating bus stops in Kennedy Plaza to nearby locations while the plaza is being renovated. With many buses traveling in and out, Kennedy Plaza is currently the hub of bus transportation in the city.
The City of Providence plans to build a large civic space in the plaza and increase the efficiency of the bus stops and pedestrian walkways. The relocations will go into effect on Saturday, July 12th and will last until the work is completed in the fall.
The stops will be relocated to Exchange Terrace, Sabin Street, Exchange Street, Fountain Street, and Steeple Street. Ticketing will still be provided inside the Kennedy Plaza Terminal.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? We'd like to hear from you. http://firstname.lastname@example.org