Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Joe Paolino vs. Edie Ajello?
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Democratic Gubernatorial Candidates Start Taking Off The Gloves
Wed September 11, 2013
Kidney Stone Center Opens At Miriam Hospital
The Miriam Hospital has officially announced the opening of its new Kidney Stone Center.
The center had a quiet opening a few months ago, but now The Miriam Hospital is letting the rest of Rhode Island know that its new center combines specialists such as urologists and dietitians to take a comprehensive approach for treating kidney stones.
Kidney stones are crystallized pieces of material that form in the kidney. Their size ranges from granular to the size of a pearl, and are often painful as they pass through the urinary tract.
Nearly half of the patients who get kidney stones, get them again, and the goal of the new Kidney Center is to prevent them from reoccurring.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org