Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: A Providence Slavery Center in Old Episcopal Cathedral
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Next Move for PawSox Providence Stadium?
- Lucchino, Guardedly, Says PawSox are Pursuing Renegotiation for Providence Ballpark
- Raimondo Unveils $1.1 Billion Infrastructure Improvement Plan
Sun March 9, 2014
Killer Drugs: Tackling Opioid Addiction And Overdose
A record number of Rhode Islanders have died from an opioid overdose. In this special report on the epidemic of opioid addiction and overdose, we examine how our problem with prescription painkillers and heroin addiction and overdose got so bad, what it's like to respond to this crisis on the front lines, and how communities, and addicts, can recover.
This documentary was made possible in part by the United Way of Rhode Island.
Support for health care reporting on Rhode Island Public Radio comes from the Rhode Island Foundation.