Most Active Stories
- RI's Brown Bird Finds A Solemn Victory On Final Album
- Raimondo: State Wants Better Deal on PawSox' Proposed Ballpark
- PawSox Seek Meeting with Raimondo; Team Signals Flexibility After Negative Reaction to Proposal
- Owner of Victory Place Suggests Alternative Site for PawSox Stadium
- Vermont Sen. Sanders Planning 2016 Presidential Campaign
Sun March 9, 2014
Killer Drugs: Tackling Opioid Addiction And Overdose
A record number of Rhode Islanders have died from an opioid overdose. In this special report on the epidemic of opioid addiction and overdose, we examine how our problem with prescription painkillers and heroin addiction and overdose got so bad, what it's like to respond to this crisis on the front lines, and how communities, and addicts, can recover.
This documentary was made possible in part by the United Way of Rhode Island.
Support for health care reporting on Rhode Island Public Radio comes from the Rhode Island Foundation.