Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We Remember: Patriot's Day 2014
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
- Beer, Wine Bills Backed By Farm Breweries And Wineries, But Not Liquor Industry
- Remembering Local Musician David Lamb Of Brown Bird
Fri February 22, 2013
Landmark Appoints Medical Director; Still Waiting on Prime
Woonsocket’s Landmark Medical Center has appointed a new medical director.
Dr. Glenn Fort has been a member of Landmark’s staff for nearly 25 years, most recently as the head of medical staff. Now, he’ll oversee and coordinate medical care and be the link between medical staff and the hospital’s senior management, including the Special Master. Fort specializes in infectious disease and has additional training in public health.
His appointment comes at a time when the community hospital continues to face financial strains and staff have endured several rounds of lay-offs over the past year. California-based Prime Healthcare has expressed its intent to buy Landmark. But the Rhode Island Department of Health and Attorney General’s office say the for-profit hospital chain’s application is still incomplete. Prime is currently under federal investigation for allegedly inappropriate billing.