Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- A.H. Belo Hires Arkansas Firm to Explore Sale of the Providence Journal
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics + Media
- This I Believe Rhode Island: Getting Up Early
- Prescription Drug Abuse On The Rise On College Campuses Across The Country
Wed March 23, 2011
Landmark extends deadline for bids
By MEGAN HALL
Providence, RI – Landmark Medical Center in Woonsocket is giving potential owners an extra five days to make a bid on the hospital.
Friday was originally the deadline for submitting proposals to buy Landmark, but now Judge Michael Silverstein has approved the hospital's request to extend that time-line to March 30th.
Landmark Spokesman Bill Fischer says the medical center and its union are in intense negotiations with several potential owners.
"It's good news that we're in in-depth discussions with multiple parties as is labor," he says, "but I think everybody's looking for a little bit of breathing room here."
Fischer says the extension does not change the April 1st deadline for Landmark's Special Master to recommend a buyer.
Earlier this week, Landmark sued Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island for not paying the hospital enough for its services.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com.