Most Active Stories
- Experts To Brief Lawmakers On Hep C In RI; Cost Of Treatment Likely To Come Up During Budget Talks
- Former Speaker Gordon Fox Pleads Guilty to Bribery, Wire Fraud & Filing a False Tax Return
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Raimondo's Budget Challenges And Secrecy
- Fox Broke Statehouse Iron Rule
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
Thu March 14, 2013
Large Data Center to Set Up Shop in Pawtucket Bringing 250 Jobs
A company that makes emergency response devices for the sick and elderly has announced plans to open a major operations center in Pawtucket. The move means 175 new jobs for the Ocean State.
Tunstall America, a provider of health care communications devices, is closing its Cranston call center and moving it to Pawtucket where it will be expanded from 75 to 250 employees. Tunstall America company spokeswoman Sarah Turner says they’re re-locating their data center from New York to Rhode Island in the process.
“Rhode Island’s a great place to be. We’ve really enjoyed working there and there’s great people there,” says Turner. “And so when it came to selecting a venue for our new location there really was no competition.”
The company plans to set up shop in a former Pawtucket bank. It will open April 16th.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org