Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We Remember: Patriot's Day 2014
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
- Beer, Wine Bills Backed By Farm Breweries And Wineries, But Not Liquor Industry
- Remembering Local Musician David Lamb Of Brown Bird
Mon January 14, 2013
Lobbyists for General Assembly have reports due
(PROVIDENCE, RI) Lobbyists in the state of Rhode Island have two reports due Tuesday. Lobbyists who represented clients before the General Assembly last year are expected to file both a report for last December and for the entire year of 2012.
The information contained in these reports makes up part of what is found on the website of Secretary of State Ralph Mollis. The annual report is required whenever a state official is given anything worth more than $250 by a lobbyist.
For the State’s 113 representatives and senators there were 412 register lobbyists.
Mollis reports that in 2012 the most popular issues for lobbyists were Healthcare, Environment, Taxation, Labor, and Insurance.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com
Scott MacKay Commentary