Most Active Stories
- TGIF: 19 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Scott MacKay Commentary: The PawSox Baseball Move to Providence: Good or Bad?
- Scott MacKay Commentary: The Myth Of Rhode Island's Generous Programs For The Poor
- PawSox President James Skeffington On The Case For A Providence Ballpark
- Settlement Presented In Pension Case; May 18 Deadline For Implementation
Tue August 19, 2014
Looking For More Asthma Resources?
Here are a few asthma resources in the community to help you or a loved one manage your asthma. Did you know you can attend classes to learn more about managing your or your child's asthma, arrange a home visit to help reduce triggers where you live, and more - often for free?
- The Community Asthma Program at Hasbro Children's Hospital offers classes for families with asthma, an asthma support group for Latino families, and more.
- More about asthma, from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute and more about childhood asthma from the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America
- Seven steps to reduce asthma triggers in your home, from the Rhode Island Dept. of Health (.pdf).
- The RI Dept. of Health runs the "Breath Easy at Home" program, which helps families address some of the environmental triggers for asthma in the home.
- More resources for patients and families, including tips for improving your home environment and reducing asthma triggers, accessing free care in the community, and learning more about asthma from the Asthma Regional Council of New England.