Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Remembering Local Musician David Lamb Of Brown Bird
- Beer, Wine Bills Backed By Farm Breweries And Wineries, But Not Liquor Industry
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We Remember: Patriot's Day 2014
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
Mon April 8, 2013
Marcel Valois Nominated as Executive Director of RI EDC
Marcel Valois has been nominated for Executive Director of the Rhode Island Economic Develop Corporation, which has been under a cloud since the 38 Studios bankruptcy.
It is the same position Valois held in the 1990’s under then Governor Lincoln Almond.
Valois most recently served as the Vice President of the Foundation of Rhode Island, a private non-profit organization.
The announcement came today from Governor Lincoln Chafee after his initial choice for the position, William Parsons, withdrew for medical reasons.