Most Active Stories
- Experts To Brief Lawmakers On Hep C In RI; Cost Of Treatment Likely To Come Up During Budget Talks
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Raimondo's Budget Challenges And Secrecy
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Alexander-Scott Nominated To Lead Health Dept.
- Gordon Fox: Financial Problems at the Apex of Political Power in RI
Fri October 11, 2013
Mike Guilfoyle leaves Bishop Tobin for Assumption College media relations post
Mike Guilfoyle, the smart and helpful press spokesman for Roman Catholic Bishop Thomas J. Tobin, is leaving the diocese to become Assumption College’s communications chief.
``Michael brings over 15 years of senior leadership experience in the communications field to Assumption marketing and communications efforts,’’ said college president Francesco Cesareo. ``His professionalism, creativity and understanding of social media will serve the college well.’’
Guilfoyle has served as Bishop Tobin’s communications chief for eight years. He is no stranger to Rhode Island and national politics; before joining the diocese Guilfoyle worked in top media relations positions for U.S. Rep. Jim Langevin and for former U.S. Rep. Bob Weygand.
A graduate of St. Anslem College, Guilfoyle lives in Smithfield with his wife Kristen and their two children.He begins at Assumption on Oct. 28.