Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- A.H. Belo Hires Arkansas Firm to Explore Sale of the Providence Journal
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics + Media
- This I Believe Rhode Island: Getting Up Early
- Prescription Drug Abuse On The Rise On College Campuses Across The Country
Wed October 16, 2013
Missing Pawtucket Woman Found In Central Falls
A developmentally disabled pregnant woman who’s been missing for a week has been found safe and sound.
A man who had seen a missing poster of Luisa Pena noticed her walking down a street in Central Falls and contacted police. Pawtucket police Major Arthur Martins said it’s unclear where Pena has been for the past week but she appears to be in good condition.
"We’re talking to her right now. She did seem in good physical condition," said Martins. "We’re bringing her to a local hospital to be checked out just to ensure that there’s nothing physically wrong, you know since she is in fact pregnant and has been missing a couple of days."
Pena vanished a week ago from her aunt’s home in Pawtucket. Relatives feared she had been abducted because she had reported a sexual assault to police.