Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
- TGIF: 15 Things to Know About Rhode Island Media & Politics
- Taveras promotes Dormody, hires Hull
- Senator Miller Issues Apology for Swearing Following Gun News Conference
Tue July 23, 2013
Moderate Ken Block Makes Moves for 2014 Governor's Race
Moderate Party gubernatorial candidate Ken Block has hired a veteran of Rhode Island politics to manage his run for governor next year.
Block has hired Jeff Britt to run his latest campaign for governor. Last year, Britt managed a spirited run by an independent challenger to House Speaker Gordon Fox. Block said he thinks Britt has the ability to make a big difference in his campaign.
"I brought Jeff Britt on board because it’s going to be crucially important for me to clearly and as accurately and loudly as possible get my message out to the public in this race. Jeff has a proven track record at really helping with messaging and getting the message out for candidates," said Block.
Block said Britt reached out to him after his run for governor in 2010 attracted six and a half percent of the vote. The other expected candidates in next year’s race include Governor Lincoln Chafee, Cranston Mayor Allan Fung, Providence Mayor Angel Taveras and state Treasurer Gina Raimondo.