Most Active Stories
- Bob Kerr: We Have Seen The Best And The Worst
- RI's Brown Bird Finds A Solemn Victory On Final Album
- Learning To Respect A Patient's Wishes At The End Of Life
- Raimondo: State Wants Better Deal on PawSox' Proposed Ballpark
- PawSox Seek Meeting with Raimondo; Team Signals Flexibility After Negative Reaction to Proposal
Wed February 6, 2013
Monopoly: the cat wins by more than a whisker
Monopoly has a new token. Fans of the board game say it’s a purr-fect addition to the classic game. (Sorry).
Hasbro, the makers of Monopoly, announced that a cat will now prance past Boardwalk with other classic tokens like the Scottie dog and the shoe. Vice President of Marketing for Hasbro Gaming, Jonathan Berkowitz, says the cat trounced competition from the likes of a toy robot and a helicopter in a month long vote held on Monopoly’s Facebook page.
“I think we saw that there are a lot of cat fans out there," he says. "I mean, it’s amazing when you think about it. The cat won with 31% of the vote.”
Berkowitz says that to make way for the cat, the iron token was forced into retirement after more than 80 years of service. Hasbro says production on Monopoly games with the new cat token will start immediately.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com