Most Active Stories
- Jim Skeffington, PawSox President & Prominent Lawyer, Has Died
- Biologists Plan To Continue Tracking Beluga Whales In Narragansett Bay
- Scott MacKay Commentary: MacKay's RIC Commencement Speech
- Elorza Says Further Steps Needed to Stabilize Providence's Finances
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Next Move for PawSox Providence Stadium?
Tue January 7, 2014
Most Significant Decline In Rhode Island Home Sales In Over Two Years
The Rhode Island Association of Realtors says home sales were down eleven percent in the state during during November as compared to 2012.
The Realtors' Association says the decline in sales was the most significant lull in the past thirty months.
They say sales were likely down thanks in part to the federal government shutdown in October, and rising interest rates.
However, the median home price in Rhode Island was up three percent at $201,000.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org