Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- A.H. Belo Hires Arkansas Firm to Explore Sale of the Providence Journal
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics + Media
- This I Believe Rhode Island: Getting Up Early
- Prescription Drug Abuse On The Rise On College Campuses Across The Country
Fri January 25, 2013
Movie looks at wind turbine controversy
A documentary looking at the Cape Wind offshore wind energy project opens Friday at the Cable Car Cinema in Providence. The movie "Cape Spin" focuses on the battle to construct 130 wind turbines in Nantucket Sound. A visiting professor at the Brown Center Environmental Studies, Dawn King, says the movie focuses on the fight between wind supporters and those who really don’t want turbines in their backyard.
“It’s really about the politics behind it. It’s about the decision making and how, you know, something that will solve a problem becomes this HUGE, decades long, drawn-out, horrible fight between these two groups and it’s all fairly ridiculous.” King will appear on a panel after the movie to answer questions about the film. She’ll be joined by Providence Journal Editorial-Page Editor Robert Whitcomb and the directors of the film.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org