Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- A.H. Belo Hires Arkansas Firm to Explore Sale of the Providence Journal
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics + Media
- This I Believe Rhode Island: Getting Up Early
- Prescription Drug Abuse On The Rise On College Campuses Across The Country
Thu April 4, 2013
Narragansett Police say Michael Riley Touted his Run for Congress During Arrest
Michael Riley, the investment manager who ran a losing Republican campaign last year against Congressman Jim Langevin, was arrested in Narragansett early Wednesday and charge with resisting arrest, operating under the influence of alcohol, and refusing to take a chemical test.
The police report about the incident describes Riley as combative and says he repeatedly used expletives and references to his congressional campaign. The narrative about the arrest says Riley tried walking away from the scene before being restrained, prompting him to exclaim, "I ran for God Damn Congress, you're f-----!"
Police say Riley continued to resist, and that as a result they used pepper spray on him. According to the incident report, the former GOP candidate began screaming, "Obama was right!"