Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Remembering Local Musician David Lamb Of Brown Bird
- Beer, Wine Bills Backed By Farm Breweries And Wineries, But Not Liquor Industry
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We Remember: Patriot's Day 2014
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
Mon October 28, 2013
New Development Brings Dozens of Affordable Homes To North Kingstown
Affordable homes are going up in North Kingstown. The North Cove development is a collection of 38 affordable rental homes just outside Wickford Village. Richard Godfrey, Executive Director of Rhode Island Housing, said there’s a demand for affordable housing outside the state’s urban core.
North Kingstown is one of first suburban communities to make 10 percent of its housing stock affordable housing, said Godfrey. “In North Kingstown to the extent that they work either at Quonset or along the Route 1 corridor, that’s where a lot of the jobs are,” he said. “So it’s good because people are closer to their jobs, and also it gets people outside our more densely packed urban neighborhoods.”
Godfrey said construction is wrapping up at the North Cove development and it should be full of residents by April.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com