Most Active Stories
- Pawsox Sold To Group That Plans To Move The Team To Providence
- Big Question: Is a Baseball Stadium the Best Use of 195 Land?
- TGIF: 18 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- SEIU Taking Women And Infants Hospital To Court Over Layoffs
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Why So Few RI Building Trades Workers At EB Quonset Jobs?
Fri March 1, 2013
Newest poll has no surprises
Sixty percent of Rhode Islanders support same-sex marriage. That’s according to a new Brown University poll. 26 percent of respondents say they oppose same-sex marriage.
In other findings, Providence Mayor Angel Taveras has the best approval rating in the Brown survey. Almost 64 percent of respondents approve of his job performance.
State Treasurer Gina Raimondo has a 56 percent approval rating, while just under 26 percent of respondents approve of Governor Lincoln Chafee’s job performance.
The poll is based on a random sample of 593 Rhode Island voters who were interviewed last week. The survey has a four percentage point margin of error.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com