Most Active Stories
- Lorne Adrain Exits Providence Mayoral Campaign
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
Fri March 1, 2013
Newest poll has no surprises
Sixty percent of Rhode Islanders support same-sex marriage. That’s according to a new Brown University poll. 26 percent of respondents say they oppose same-sex marriage.
In other findings, Providence Mayor Angel Taveras has the best approval rating in the Brown survey. Almost 64 percent of respondents approve of his job performance.
State Treasurer Gina Raimondo has a 56 percent approval rating, while just under 26 percent of respondents approve of Governor Lincoln Chafee’s job performance.
The poll is based on a random sample of 593 Rhode Island voters who were interviewed last week. The survey has a four percentage point margin of error.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com