Most Active Stories
- A.H. Belo Hires Arkansas Firm to Explore Sale of the Providence Journal
- Scott MacKay Commentary: 2014 Providence Mayoral Campaign Up For Grabs
- Rhode Island: A Destination For Brain Science?
- This I Believe Rhode Island: Getting Up Early
- Prescription Drug Abuse On The Rise On College Campuses Across The Country
Fri March 1, 2013
Newest poll has no surprises
Sixty percent of Rhode Islanders support same-sex marriage. That’s according to a new Brown University poll. 26 percent of respondents say they oppose same-sex marriage.
In other findings, Providence Mayor Angel Taveras has the best approval rating in the Brown survey. Almost 64 percent of respondents approve of his job performance.
State Treasurer Gina Raimondo has a 56 percent approval rating, while just under 26 percent of respondents approve of Governor Lincoln Chafee’s job performance.
The poll is based on a random sample of 593 Rhode Island voters who were interviewed last week. The survey has a four percentage point margin of error.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com