Most Active Stories
- Experts To Brief Lawmakers On Hep C In RI; Cost Of Treatment Likely To Come Up During Budget Talks
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Raimondo's Budget Challenges And Secrecy
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Alexander-Scott Nominated To Lead Health Dept.
- Gordon Fox: Financial Problems at the Apex of Political Power in RI
One Square Mile: Bristol
Tue October 8, 2013
One Square Mile: The Lost Art of Repairing Wooden Boats
Bristol boat builder Walt Schultz, is the owner of Shannon Boats. He worked his way through college destroying old, wooden boats. Older and wiser, he’s spent that last 40 years paying a penance of sorts repairing as many of those old boats as he can find.
There are two currently being repaired in his shop, one of them belonged to ice cream baron Howard Johnson. Schultz is one of the few remaining craftsmen repairing wooden boats from a long-gone era, and he shares his thoughts on what it means to know that craft.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com