Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- A.H. Belo Hires Arkansas Firm to Explore Sale of the Providence Journal
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics + Media
- This I Believe Rhode Island: Getting Up Early
- Prescription Drug Abuse On The Rise On College Campuses Across The Country
Tue February 12, 2013
Panel tonight: educating workers for the 21st century
Stop by the Providence Athenaeum at 6 p.m. tonight! We'll be discussing how schools are changing to prepare students for 21st Century jobs.
I'm looking forward to a spirited conversation about what skills students will need as technology quickly transforms the world around us. We'll explore the value of a liberal arts degree, changes to curriculum in K-12 schools and what employers are seeking and finding in Rhode Island graduates. Join us!
The panelists are:
David Abbott, Deputy Rhode Island Commissioner of Education
Katherine Bergeron, Dean of the College at Brown University
John Hazen White, Jr., President of Taco, Inc.
Steven Kitchin, Vice President for Corporate Education and Training at New England Institute of Technology