Most Active Stories
- Lorne Adrain Exits Providence Mayoral Campaign
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Scott MacKay Commentary: The R.I. And Mass. Casino Conundrum
Mon January 27, 2014
Patrick Kennedy endorses Seth Magaziner for RI Gen. Treasurer
Former Congressman Patrick J. Kennedy has endorsed Seth Magaziner for the Democratic nomination for Rhode Island state general treasurer.
In a news release, Kennedy said, ``I am proud to support Seth because I know he is the best candidate to move Rhode Island forward.’’
Kennedy also said, ``Not only will bring a steady hand to the state’s finances, he will bring new energy and fresh ideas that will put Rhode Islanders to work and make our state competitive in the 21st Century economy.’’
Magaziner, of Bristol is a graduate of Brown University who holds a masters’ from Yale University. He is the son of Ira Magaziner, the health care czar for President Bill Clinton in the 1990s. Seth Magaziner faces a potential three-way Democratic primary with former State Treasurer Frank Caprio and State Auditor General Ernie Almonte as the other candidates who have said they are making the race.
Gina Raimondo, the current state treasurer, is running for the Democratic nomination for governor.