Most Active Stories
- Lorne Adrain Exits Providence Mayoral Campaign
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
Wed June 26, 2013
Patriots Hernandez Taken from Home in Handcuffs, Released
New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez has been released after being arrested on unspecified charges Wednesday morning. The arrest comes eight days after his friend, semi-pro player Odin Lloyd, was found dead about a mile from Hernandez’ home.
Massachusetts state troopers and North Attleboro police arrested Hernandez at 8:47 a.m. at his North Attleboro home. He was led away in handcuffs and casually spit into some bushes on his way to the cruiser.
State police aren’t saying what Hernandez is charged with, referring reporters to an arraignment in Attleboro District Court.
Hernandez has been the subject of intense police focus since his friend and fellow football player Odin Lloyd was found shot to death June 18th. Police filed a search warrant claiming Hernandez deliberately destroyed his home surveillance system and cell phone before police arrived to question him. Hernandez recently signed a five-year contract extension with the Pats worth more than $40 million.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com