Most Active Stories
- W&I Researchers Find Single Family Rooms Better For NICU Babies
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Seth Magaziner Staffing Up With Jeff Padwa & Andrew Roos
- Almost 15 Years After Cornel Young Jr.'s Death, How Much Has Changed in Rhode Island?
- 'Warning Shot': Sen. Warren On Fighting Banks, And Her Political Future
Tue September 3, 2013
Pawtucket's Memorial Hospital Merging With Care New England
In a ceremonial signing, Care New England and Memorial Hospital will formalize a new partnership Tuesday.
Pawtucket’s Memorial Hospital has stood as an independent operation for more than a century. But in the latest shift in the state’s health care landscape, Memorial will join the Care New England system. The two institutions signed an agreement at the beginning of the year and the move has been signed off by both federal and state regulators. The Care New England health system includes Kent, Women and Infants, and Butler hospitals. Memorial Hospital has said the move will allow doctors to refer patients more easily to Care New England facilities and cut costs.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com