Most Active Stories
- Experts To Brief Lawmakers On Hep C In RI; Cost Of Treatment Likely To Come Up During Budget Talks
- Former Speaker Gordon Fox Pleads Guilty to Bribery, Wire Fraud & Filing a False Tax Return
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Raimondo's Budget Challenges And Secrecy
- Fox Broke Statehouse Iron Rule
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
The Education Blog
Wed August 7, 2013
Pell Grants Doc Screening in Providence
A documentary about the fight to create Pell Grants will screen Wednesday evening as part of the Rhode Island International Film Festival.
The film is called "Pell Grants: A Passion for Education." It details the events in Washington leading up the the creation of the federal student loan program named for the late Rhode Island Senator Claiborne Pell.
As part of the screening at the Veteran's Memorial Auditorium in Providence, Pell’s widow Nuala Pell and his grandson Clay Pell will take part in a question and answer session.
The film was written and directed by Steven Feinberg, executive director of the Rhode Island Film & Television Office.