Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Joe Paolino vs. Edie Ajello?
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Democratic Gubernatorial Candidates Start Taking Off The Gloves
Wed March 19, 2014
Police Probe Into Sexual Assault Allegations Against PC Players
An allegation of sexual assault involving members of the Providence College basketball team is casting a pall over the school’s trip to the NCAA Tournament.
A female student has reported that she was allegedly assaulted by two freshmen. The Wall Street Journal first reported that Providence police are now investigating.
Providence College spokesman Steven Maurano said the college is supportive whenever a student files a complaint with police. “In this particular case we assisted the student in making contact with the police, we drove the student to the police station, we drove her back to campus after she had met with police, and that is something we would do for any student,” said Maurano.
Providence College made its own investigation in November, which resulted in one student being pulled off the court through the next school year. The other student left PC for a team in Oregon.
The Friars traveled to Texas Wednesday for their first game in the tourney on Friday.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com
The Education Blog