Most Active Stories
- W&I Researchers Find Single Family Rooms Better For NICU Babies
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Seth Magaziner Staffing Up With Jeff Padwa & Andrew Roos
- Almost 15 Years After Cornel Young Jr.'s Death, How Much Has Changed in Rhode Island?
- 'Warning Shot': Sen. Warren On Fighting Banks, And Her Political Future
Wed March 19, 2014
Police Probe Into Sexual Assault Allegations Against PC Players
An allegation of sexual assault involving members of the Providence College basketball team is casting a pall over the school’s trip to the NCAA Tournament.
A female student has reported that she was allegedly assaulted by two freshmen. The Wall Street Journal first reported that Providence police are now investigating.
Providence College spokesman Steven Maurano said the college is supportive whenever a student files a complaint with police. “In this particular case we assisted the student in making contact with the police, we drove the student to the police station, we drove her back to campus after she had met with police, and that is something we would do for any student,” said Maurano.
Providence College made its own investigation in November, which resulted in one student being pulled off the court through the next school year. The other student left PC for a team in Oregon.
The Friars traveled to Texas Wednesday for their first game in the tourney on Friday.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org
The Education Blog