Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Rhody Votes '14: Republicans for Governor Debate
Sun February 17, 2013
Policy and Pinot: A 21st Century Education
Advances in technology have changed the types of skills needed to land a well-paying job. In this Policy & Pinot discussion, Education Reporter Elisabeth Harrison examine how the state is retooling the education system from K-12 and beyond to prepare students for 21st Century jobs. Panelists are David Abbott, Deputy Rhode Island Commissioner of Education, Katherine Bergeron, Dean of the College at Brown University, John Hazen White, Jr., President of Taco, Inc., Steven Kitchin, Vice President for Corporate Education and Training at New England Institute of Technology.
Web extra - Question and Answer segment:
Policy & Pinot is our public discussion series held in conjunction with the Providence Athenaeum. This panel was recorded on February 12, 2013.
This special event is supported by the New England Institute of Technology's Center for Technology and Industry.