Most Active Stories
- W&I Researchers Find Single Family Rooms Better For NICU Babies
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Seth Magaziner Staffing Up With Jeff Padwa & Andrew Roos
- Almost 15 Years After Cornel Young Jr.'s Death, How Much Has Changed in Rhode Island?
- 'Warning Shot': Sen. Warren On Fighting Banks, And Her Political Future
Sun February 17, 2013
Policy and Pinot: A 21st Century Education
Advances in technology have changed the types of skills needed to land a well-paying job. In this Policy & Pinot discussion, Education Reporter Elisabeth Harrison examine how the state is retooling the education system from K-12 and beyond to prepare students for 21st Century jobs. Panelists are David Abbott, Deputy Rhode Island Commissioner of Education, Katherine Bergeron, Dean of the College at Brown University, John Hazen White, Jr., President of Taco, Inc., Steven Kitchin, Vice President for Corporate Education and Training at New England Institute of Technology.
Web extra - Question and Answer segment:
Policy & Pinot is our public discussion series held in conjunction with the Providence Athenaeum. This panel was recorded on February 12, 2013.
This special event is supported by the New England Institute of Technology's Center for Technology and Industry.