Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Newport City Manager Cites Difficult City Council In Decision To Step Down
Wed November 20, 2013
President John F. Kennedy's Final Days
A motion picture covering highlights of the final two days in the life of President John F. Kennedy.
President Kennedy makes scheduled public appearances and delivers remarks, including his last public words, and interacts informally with crowds that greet him in San Antonio, Houston, Fort Worth, and Dallas, Texas.
First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy, Governor John Connally, and Vice President Lyndon B. Johnson make appearances with President Kennedy.
Also included is a brief segment as the late President's body is returned to the White House on November 23, 1963.
Portions of the soundtrack include radio narration of the assassination of President Kennedy, and a live recording of Judge Sarah Hughes swearing in Lyndon B. Johnson as 36th President of the United States.
Produced by: Naval Photographic Center, 1211-69. Photographed by: Thomas M. Atkins, Robert L. Knudsen.
Scott MacKay Commentary