Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We Remember: Patriot's Day 2014
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
- Beer, Wine Bills Backed By Farm Breweries And Wineries, But Not Liquor Industry
- Remembering Local Musician David Lamb Of Brown Bird
Wed November 20, 2013
President John F. Kennedy's Final Days
A motion picture covering highlights of the final two days in the life of President John F. Kennedy.
President Kennedy makes scheduled public appearances and delivers remarks, including his last public words, and interacts informally with crowds that greet him in San Antonio, Houston, Fort Worth, and Dallas, Texas.
First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy, Governor John Connally, and Vice President Lyndon B. Johnson make appearances with President Kennedy.
Also included is a brief segment as the late President's body is returned to the White House on November 23, 1963.
Portions of the soundtrack include radio narration of the assassination of President Kennedy, and a live recording of Judge Sarah Hughes swearing in Lyndon B. Johnson as 36th President of the United States.
Produced by: Naval Photographic Center, 1211-69. Photographed by: Thomas M. Atkins, Robert L. Knudsen.
Scott MacKay Commentary