Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Joe Paolino vs. Edie Ajello?
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Democratic Gubernatorial Candidates Start Taking Off The Gloves
Fri June 28, 2013
Prime's Application to Buy Landmark Now Complete
Rhode Island regulators have deemed Prime Healthcare’s application to buy Woonsocket’s Landmark Medical Center complete.
Now the Attorney General and Department of Health can begin their official review of California-based Prime Healthcare’s bid to buy the troubled community hospital. That review begins July 1st and ends October 28th under Rhode Island’s Hospital Conversion Act.
Getting to this point has taken longer than expected, inspiring strong language from all parties involved. In the letter notifying them their application was now complete, Rhode Island regulators admonished Prime and Landmark officials for causing the delay. Regulators warned that they could only stick to the 120-day timeline for reviewing the application if they get timely responses from the parties.