Most Active Stories
- Lorne Adrain Exits Providence Mayoral Campaign
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Scott MacKay Commentary: The R.I. And Mass. Casino Conundrum
Thu January 24, 2013
Protecting RI shellfish
Shellfish restoration is the topic at a meeting Thursday at the University of Rhode Island. The state wants input on how best to protect shellfish in coastal ponds and Narragansett Bay.
The Director of the US Coastal Program at URI’s Coastal Resource Center, Jen McCann, says the state has so far heard about two main concerns…
“What is the regulatory process to move forward with restoration? And also, where are the appropriate sites to do restoration in the bay and also the salt ponds so within state waters.”
McCann says the state will use information collected at the meeting to create a new shellfish management plan. She adds it was “standing room only” for the previous meetings on aquaculture and commercial shellfishing.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com